Sunday 11 March 2018

Life Update

I've been very quiet this week on the blogging front, mainly due to working five consecutive days at the CS and on top of that having a cold.  It was the first cold I've had all year, and I thought it was too good to be true that I'd missed everything that was doing the rounds.  Anyway, it wasn't a particularly severe cold and after a few days I was feeling a lot better, but it did make the first couple of days at work tough.

Work has been very intense this week, with quite a few volunteers to organise. I'm not complaining, because it's great when we have lots of volunteers, lots can get done, but my brain sometimes has trouble keeping up with them and thinking of new jobs for them to do, as I'm already trying to think about 5 or 6 different things at any one time. I lived to tell the tale and was so relieved to get home on Friday night, knowing that I didn't have to be back at the shop for at least 3 days.

March is going to be a tough month all round, as my Manager is taking two weeks off to use it before the end of the financial year (one of which he took last week) and I've got leave to take before my contract runs out at the end of the month. I'm sure we'll manage, but it will probably mean working extra hours here and there, for both of us.

On Saturday morning, it was sheer bliss to be able to stay in bed and read my current book, which is one by Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It's turning into a very interesting read and he presents completely different ideas about wealth accumulation, than some of the previous books I've read recently.

I had a lovely leisurely Saturday morning, catching up on finances, online reading and generally pottering around.  In the afternoon I ventured out to do a big grocery shop at Lidl and managed to secure everything we need for the forthcoming week just about. Then after walking the dog, my evening was free to watch a few things on Netflix, including the film Mudbound, which was pretty uncomfortable viewing at times, but a good film.

Today, I'm feeling a little more decompressed and ventured out to my usual tough class at the gym this morning.  I came home to lovely flowers and chocolates from OH and LB for Mothers' Day, which was a treat. I'm not going to overdo it today.  I may do some ironing later, but I may not. I can feel another Netflix binge coming on this afternoon and then we may go out for supper tonight.

This week I should be working just one day at the CS, all being well, so there will be plenty of time in the week to catch up on chores and housework. There's no hurry and if you can't relax on Mothers' Day, when can you.

I hope you've all been having a good week and a lovely Mothers' Day.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing Mother's Day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you had time to unwind over the weekend and have a less stressed week ahead x

    ReplyDelete