Sunday 12 November 2017

Xmas Poundland Haul

I know it's not particularly the done thing these days to do a Haul post, but I thought, as I've recently done a bit of a shop at Poundland, I'd just show you some of the things they have in their store this Christmas, that I thought were worth spending a pound (or 20) on.

Here goes:

Firstly, I bought these two large gift bags for a couple of LB's presents that are a bit bulky. One is particularly awkward to wrap, so these should come in useful.  I thought these designs were really cute and the colours are ones that I know she'll love.


These little Christmas lights always seem to come home with me.  There were some new copper designs this year, which tie in nicely with some of the gifts I've bought LB this Christmas.


These copper glitter dots, should also come in handy for Christmas wrapping.



These were the Christmas wrapping and tissue papers that I bought, one of which matches one of the gift bags. (Sorry, it's hard to make out the designs because of camera glare, but the one on the left has flowers and figs on it and the one next to it, fir branches on a dark pink background.


The copper geometric paper is one that can also be used year round for birthday and other gifts.



I also bought these cute crackers, that don't have any silly plastic gifts in them.  They just have some Xmas selfie props. I like the nutcracker designs too.


At least they're virtually completely recyclable.

Finally, apart from a standard Cadburys Advent calendar, I bought these two cardboard decorative stars, which at two for £1 were very inexpensive.



A few other items made it into my basket and almost but not quite through the till, including a very cute naughty elf, but I managed to resist at the last minute and left them at the till. He may come home with me another time.

I think I will definitely get the Christmas bags and boxes out of the loft now, so I don't spend any more money on things I probably already have plenty of.





7 comments:

  1. I think all of the cheaper shops (B&M, Home Bargains and Poundland) have really outdone themselves this year...particularly with Christmas wrapping in all forms.
    That was a good haul you got there.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Haul posts! Esp ones like this from shops where you never know what you will find! The cardboard stars are lovely and I like the idea of the crackers not having plastic tat in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing frugal haul posts (which this definitely was) makes my day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love the stars, can't go wrong with the battery powered lights - I have lots of those which I use around the house, they add instant Christmasness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know haul posts weren't a thing these days, that's my lesson for today!

    You have some lovely things there, I particularly like the stars and the geometric wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just me that thinks they're not the done thing. I've probably been watching too many mimimalism/zero waste/non-consumerism type you tube videos. I must admit I do like reading about other people's purchases, especially if they're practical ones, and even if they're not. There's nothing like living vicariously though other peoples purchases, as it costs very little!

      Delete
  6. We had some Christmas selfie props last year and a frame. We had great fun with them especially my mum who had never been introduced to selfies before.
    You have some great buys there.

    ReplyDelete