Tuesday 5 September 2017

Donated - August 2017

I'm still finding it tough to find things to donate, so once again the list isn't that long this month. Here's the items I have managed to find that will be leaving or have left the house this month.

1) Black collarless jacket - I don't like how this looks on me, so it's time to say goodbye.
2) One pair of size 12 black jeans bought in Yorkshire due to being wrongly labelled - Lets face it, I'm unlikely to ever be this size again, much as I might want to be.
3) One penguin silicone ice cube tray - replaced by regular cube-shaped ice cube trays.
4) One fabric storage basket - a gift that I don't have a use for.
5) One pair of very worn denim dungarees of LB's - recycled for the fabric.
6) One pair of salad servers - I've only kept these for when guests come.  They never get used and we rarely have visitors these days, so they're going. I have some metal tongs we could use for the same purpose should we get any visitors.
7) One book - I've read it, but don't want to keep it.
8) One half empty bottle of conditioner I no longer and will not now use - thrown away.
9) One gym top that I rarely reach for.
10) One lightweight coat that I have now replaced, as it was getting a bit tatty.
11) One DVD I borrowed from the Little Free Library that will be going back there.
12-14) Three plastic storage boxes I don't have a use for any longer.
15) One glass candlestick - surplus to requirement - I'm less interested in excess decorative items these days.
16) One decorative ceramic vase that I no longer wish to keep.
17) One Ryvita tin that I no longer need.
18-23) Several unused toiletry items from a gift set that aren't wanted by anyone in the household.
24) One plastic case - no longer needed, but may be of use to someone.

When added to last month's total of 575, I've now donated 599 things this year and am officially lagging behind with regard to the target of 1000 items for the year.  I am, however, hoping to make better headway next month as I am intending to do some more decluttering in the spare bedroom/sewing room, which is long overdue.

I'll keep you up dated on progress.

11 comments:

  1. When I started decluttering years ago, I would pack things together in a box and put it in the spare room. Then the following month if I had not missed the items they went to the charity shop. In the beginning, I took items out the box (they would almost always go at a later point), but later they always left the house. My suggestion to you is this week, prepare a box for next month, I found I put things in the box quicker, as I knew I had time to change my mind. These days I have so few possessions, every thing has a use or is beautiful and I love.
    Each December I do my own 12 days of Christmas, I find 12 nice items to take to the charity shop, often unwanted gifts which I hope find their way to a loved new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'm aspiring to get to a point where I don't need to declutter much on a monthly basis, but am not quite there yet.

      Delete
  2. I think it's really interesting that you're starting to declutter more storage items, the kind of stuff that we tend to keep hanging around. That surely is a sign of the great progress you're making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true, there have been a few small storage boxes amongst the donations. It will be real progress when the large storage boxes start to go!

      Delete
  3. Well done for this month.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, could do better and I am doing so so far this month.

      Delete
  4. I have been decluttering on a grand scale recently during our redecorating - also I have sorted through a lot of paper items that have now been put into boxes and we will have a bonfire at the cottage as there is far too much to shred. I now have a few empty boxes but I am hanging onto any storage recepticals for the time being just in case. It will be interesting to see what you find in the sewing room - I have found a lot of unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are really going to enjoy that bonfire, knowing that all that paper clutter is going up in flames!

      Delete
  5. I am also lagging behind in the items decluttered department. My total so far for the year is 559. I know I probably will not reach the 1000 mark, but there is always next year to look forward to as more and more "stuff" leaves my home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have a figure to aim for, even if you don't meet it, as it keeps you motivated and accountable on here. Good luck over the rest of the year.

      Delete
  6. You are doing so brilliantly with this!!

    ReplyDelete